Curry Tuna Shawarma with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Starting my 2018 with some delicious and healthy recipes using tuna chunks as the main ingredients. For sure mommies like me are always in a hurry to prepare lunch box or snack box for our husband and kids.
These recipes are easy to prepare and no need to wake up so early to do this. This wrap will make any lunch box a healthy delight. Just make sure you have pita wrap.
|Curry Tuna Shawarma with Garlic Yogurt Sauce|
1 185g can Gold Seas Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry
1 piece small sized white onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp oil
Shawarma Wrap Ingredients:
1 pack store-bought whole wheat tortilla
1 piece medium sized white onion (chopped)
1 piece medium-sized red tomatoes (chopped)
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
1 small tub plain yogurt
1 clove garlic (grated)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Place onion in the pan and cook until caramelized.
3. Add in garlic and saute until fragrant.
4. Mix the can of curry tuna and simmer for 3 mins. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, mix together all the garlic yogurt sauce ingredient. Set aside.
6. Heat tortilla wrap over an open flame. Prepare to assemble.
7. Place 2 tbsp. of the tuna shawarma filling on the heated tortilla.
8. Add some chopped onions and tomatoes.
9. Drizzle with the garlic yogurt sauce.
10. Roll into a tight wrap. Enjoy while warm!
This is one of the few ways you can have a healthy lunch or snack using Gold Seas Tuna Chunks. You can try this out and will be posting more recipe every week.
For more of TKM adventure, you can visit my Instagram account @thekitchenmom and Facebook Page @TheKitchenMom and please do always visit my blog for more of my featured restaurants, newly discovered products and more at
Once again, thank you lovelies for reading my new post in my online diary. Till our next adventure!
Have a great weekend lovelies! Mwuah!